01 October, 2010

My new TED talk

I'm excited to say that TED have chosen to broadcast my short talk on sound and health this week, adding to my previous TED talk on the effects of sound on people. The new talk is creating quite a debate, stirring up some hard-core fans of the scientific method because I dare to mention sound healing... strange that they don't seem to know about the traditions in philosophy and pre-modern science (Plato, Pythagoras, Confucius) of equating harmony and pleasing music with health.

At the same time the talk is attracting great support and positive feedback from many who are sharing their own experiences of noise, sound and health. I'm delighted to have had almost 20,000 views already in just a few days, because my aim was to open this conversation - and raise people's consciousness of the importance of managing sound.

Do take a look if you get seven minutes spare - and if you feel like it, share it with others and do weigh into the debate, either in the relatively civilised TED forum or in the wild and woolly YouTube debate. Links are below.

Also, for those of you in the UK, the Financial Times this Saturday (October 2) features a profile of me and of The Sound Agency's work in the column by Mike Southon (the Beermat Entrepreneur). 

I will be posting a new log entry shortly with all the references collated to back up the claims in my talk.

See the talk on TED here

See it on YouTube here

Posted via email from Julian Treasure's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!